Sweet and Salty Fridge Cake Bar.
From Nigella Kitchen.
A few notes:
- Feel free to use some milk chocolate in the place of some of the dark or, in fact, in the place of all of the dark...it will just be a lot sweeter.
- And if you're in even more of a nonconforming mood you could experiment with the additions to the chocolate; you could use some sort of biscuits in the place of the Crunchies etcetc.
Makes enough for a party
You will need
a 23cm loose bottomed or spring sided cake tin, greased well
300g good dark chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
4x40g Crunchie bars
200g salted peanuts
- Break up the chocolate into fairly small chunks and pop it in a small saucepan along with the butter and golden syrup.
- Heat slowly until everything melts together and you have a lovely shiny chocolate sauce that you could just dive in to.
- Smash the Crunchie bars about a bit in their packets so they get broken up into a mixture of bite size chunks and a bit of rubble. Tumble into a mixing bowl.
- Add the salted peanuts and then pour over the melted chocolate mix.
- Stir everything around gently so things are evenly distributed and scoop into your cake tin.
- Smooth out the mixture to the edges of the pan and leave to set either in the fridge of somewhere cool for a good few hours.
- When they're ready, cut into squares or wedges and prise from the cake tin bottom with a fish slice.