Raspberry and Vanilla Butter.
A few notes:
- There are plenty of delicious ways that you could use this. I popped some on pancakes as you can see, but toast would be lovely, or French Toast. On warm scones...oh my...
- I think the best way to keep this if you're not going to eat it all in one go, is to chop it up in to discs, freeze the discs nice and spread out on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer bag and keep frozen until you're ready to pop them on your breakfast.
Makes 1 big log
You will need
clingfilm or foil
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g fresh raspberries
a good splosh of vanilla extract
1 level tbsp icing sugar
- Pop your butter in a bowl and mash it about with a fork to make it into a smooth, pliable paste and get it a teeny bit more fluffy...though we're not looking to whip it up as you would for buttercream.
- Tumble in the fruit, vanilla and sugar and mash it all in so it's evenly distributed but not mashed 100% smooth, you want oozy bits of raspberry next to smooth butter.
- Blob the butter along a rectangle of clingfilm or foil and roll it up into a sausage.
- Twist each end of the sausage up tightly so the butter is squished into an even tighter sausage.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before unwrapping, cutting into rounds and spreading onto something wonderful.