A few notes:
- I’m sure I’ll tell you about real Eton Mess sometime soon but in the meantime, if that’s what you fancy, replace the blueberries with strawberries and the maple syrup with a sprinkling of sugar.
- A great use for homemade meringues if you have any or fancy making some...recipe here...but shop bought ones are a-ok too.
Makes enough for 2 after a light summery meal or 4 after a heavier one
You will need
2 tbsp maple syrup
300ml double cream
1 medium sized meringue
- No oven here so first job is to gently mash the berries a bit so some get squidged and release their juices and others stay whole.
- Stir the maple syrup into the berries.
- In another, large, bowl whip the cream to soft, billowing peaks.
- Gently stir in the berries and crumbled up meringue so you leave everything rippled rather than combined.
- Pour yourself a Pimms, turn the telly to BBC and cheer very loudly for Andy (fingers crossed)....or don't, your call.