Salted Caramel and Popcorn Ice Cream.
A few notes:
- I used microwave popcorn here, simply because I had some leftover, but in hindsight I think I would find it preferable to the ready popped super sugary 'toffee popcorn' anyway, given the sweetness of the other main ingredient. But if you don't have some microwave stuff lying around and don't want to pop some especially, feel free to experiment with a popped variety or simply leave it out all together (just don't tell Heston).
- I made this salted caramel. You won't need it all, but make it anyway for extra drizzle and eating with anything and everything or just with a spoon. Mmmmmmmm.
Makes about 1 pint
You will need
500ml double cream
5 tbsp salted caramel
10-20g popcorn, slightly chopped
- Now it's easypeasy, just whip the cream so in becomes big and billowy but remains pour-able. It will stiffen further as you stir the other ingredients in.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of the caramel so it is totally combined, followed by the popcorn.
- Then add the rest of the caramel, folding it through gently so it remains rippled and pooled.
- Pop in a freezer proof tub, cover and pop in the freezer overnight and sleep awaiting frozen joy.